Coming to a new area like Los Angeles can seem a bit overwhelming at first, especially when you need to look for new services. Finding the best hairdresser can always seem scary to you as you put your trust and faith into someone to provide you with a look you will be happy with each day.
Check the Reputation of Your Hair Salon
A bad haircut or style can make you hide from the public, while a great one can give you confidence and have you feeling better than ever before. Naturally, you want to find the best places to go for your cuts and styles, and there are certain qualities that you should look for so you can easily identify the best place to go.
The experience level of the people working at the salons makes a big difference to you and other patrons. While there are certainly new places that have new stylists that can do a good job, reputation is everything in a business like this. A salon that has been around for years will have built a clientele and will have the reputation of offering the best services and results. The experience level helps the stylists understand what looks best and why, and they can guide you to the best choices for your hair.
Good salons will have a variety of services that can appeal to you, like coloring, conditioning treatments, styling and more. These services can be ideal for you if you want a different look for a special occasion, want to treat yourself to something different with your hair, or just want to come in to get a quality haircut.
Of all the hair salons in Hollywood, Works of Art Hair Studio is one of the best reputed. They’ve been at their Silverlake location for over ten years and have an expert staff that will help you create the personalized, beautiful look you want for your hair. They offer many treatments, styles, and services for men and women.
Works of Art Participation on Summertime Top Knot Styles
Whether you noticed them while visiting NYC for fashion week, or simply realized that all of your neighbors have been wearing them, you’ve probably recently come to the realization that topknots are in; and for good reason! Works of Art Hair Salon in Silver Lake took the time to explain from start to finish, the easiest way to get this fascinating runway look.
With a scorching LA summer quickly approaching, gals with long tresses know that having long hair get really annoying, really quickly. No matter how many hours we spend fixing, spraying and tying our hair, within minutes of walking out the door our beautifully manicured coif turns our curly hair straight and our straight hair curly. So, what better way to end your summer time hair blues with a quick fashion top knot?!
Topknot buns are everywhere from the streets of Silverlake to the runways in Milan and are extremely excited to finally have a polished and interesting summer hair fad that can be achieved in just a few quick steps. Works of art pros found that this up do is unbelievably easy to create and can be accomplished with almost any length hair, clean or dirty. Simply put, it’s the perfect hairstyle for your worst hair day.
Summertime Top Knot Style in 5 Easy Steps!
Prep: First, you’re going to want to start by brushing your hair to remove any tangles and inconsistencies. For those of you whom have curly or particularly unruly hair, you can pretty much skip this step entirely.
- Next, place your hair in a high ponytail. Stress on phrase “high ponytail.” Yes, this may feel a bit awkward initially as you’re not accustomed to having the entire weight of your hair sitting directly on top of your head, but that’s the nature of the beast and it really doesn’t take that long to get used to.
- Anyways, once you’ve completely a highly placed slicked back ponytail, take the entirety of your ponytail and tease it. The extent to which you’re going to want to tease your ponytail depends entirely on your hair type, and will be easier to determine after a couple of tries.
- Take your teased ponytail and gently wrap it around the base of your ponytail. We suggest using a couple of mirrors and re-wrapping your ponytail until you’re satisfied with your knots appearance. Once you’ve successfully wrapped your knot, rearrange its exterior to cover any holes in the knots appearance.
- Place a bobby pin or two around the ends of you hair to secure your knot. If you feel that your hair is particularly difficult to hold in place, we suggest spraying just a bit of hairspray in your teased ponytail BEFORE you wrap it into a top-not for extra hold.
- Hairspray the exterior of your topknot for long lasting hold. Voila, you’re runway ready!
For more information about Works of art, or for media and service inquiries call (323) 667-0072.